Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 20 April 2005

Info Post
I'll post links to articles as I find them today, but so far, this is the most complete report I've seen about the NRC hearing last night on the draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for Exelon's Early Site Permit (ESP) application.

I was lucky enough to get a full account last night from some North American Young-Generation in Nuclear (NA-YGN) members that were there. I haven't seen NA-YGN mentioned yet, but I'm proud to say that it was instrumental in encouraging nuclear proponents in the area to show their support and sharing "Lessons Learned" from the NRC EIS hearing in Louisa, Virginia in February. NA-YGN Public Information officer Sama Bilbao y Leon put together the petition mentioned in the article and NA-YGN member Laura Ekern (yes, her name is misspelled in the article) was quoted as saying
Nuclear energy is safe, clean, reliable and an important part of the balance of our energy mix.
Where nuclear supporters are working together, we are making a difference!

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment