Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 14 December 2005

Info Post
In speech after speech this year, our CEO Skip Bowman has been warning that the U.S. is in for a rough Winter because of rising natural gas prices. While it might be too early to call this a trend, this post from Freedom's Trumpet may provide a preview of what lies ahead:
My furnace ran for an hour last night and I am ticked about it. I have been trying to reduce my fuel usage, shutting off rooms that I don’t need. I compacted my living environment and try to heat only the rooms that are being used. So far it’s working but it got to 55F in the house last night, where I keep it as a minimum, and the furnace ran for an hour. It was about 15F out. The gas company will want to inspect my meter. Let them. I’ll freeze to death before I pay $16/mcf and give them $400 for a month this winter. So far I’ve used less than 5mcf (thousand cubic feet) of gas. With the temperatures where they have been I should have used about twice that...

[Why did this country] increase in natural gas usage for electricity which increased demand substantially while at the same time... locking up land and preventing exploration and drilling that could have been used to keep costs down. … and where is our nuclear power?
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment