Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 11 January 2006

Info Post
In August 2005, NEI published a study that found that the strongest supporters of nuclear energy are often the folks who live closest to nuclear power plants. Here's Dan Pierce from NH Insider:
Living, as I do, about eight miles from Seabrook Station, New Hampshire's only nuclear power plant, my ears prick up whenever I hear someone talking about making changes at the plant. This week it was Senate Majority Leader Bob Clegg who brought up the subject of rebuilding the second reactor at the plant.

It's not a bad idea, actually. I doubt that adding a second reactor would significantly add to the danger I face from the plant (which I don't think is very much at all), and it would probably go a long way toward alleviating some of our energy problems here in the Granite State.
For more from earlier this week, click here.

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment