Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 2 August 2007

Info Post
SnowDhalia, a neighbor of the Seabrook Nuclear Power Station (pictured at left), is talking about how she changed her mind about nuclear energy:
I'm a liberal-environmentalist type, and until a few years ago, I thought my life was pretty good except for one thing: this damn nuclear power plant. It could blow at any moment, was my thought. How would we all escape? When my mother came to visit me from the Midwest, she'd squirrel away a large amount of cash, so when catastrophe struck, I wouldn't have to be stuck in a line at the ATM. I could just stuff my son and my dog in the car, hit the Mass. Pike and get out of Dodge.

Then something happened: I actually learned what nuclear power was.
Being married to a nuclear engineer helps, apparently. Read the rest right now.

UPDATE: Physical Insights likes what he's reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment