Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 5 December 2007

Info Post
Senator John McCain is on the campaign trail in New Hampshire talking about energy and the environment:
A key way to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions, he said, would be to increase the use of nuclear power.

When asked after the forum how he proposed to dispose of high level nuclear waste, McCain said, "My preference is that we store it. I always thought that Yucca Mountain was the right place to do it."

"It's not a problem of technology. It's a problem of political will. We have now the worst of all worlds, because we have nuclear waste sites around every nuclear power plant in America, which provides us with the greatest challenge to our security," he said. "So I would try and resolve it and I would try to go back and revisit the Yucca Mountain issue, but I would do everything in my power to resolve it."
The Senator has been pretty consistent on this issue for some time now:

0 comments:

Post a Comment