Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 13 June 2012

Info Post

Since I came to the nuclear industry five years ago, I have heard my fair share of nuclear energy-related jokes (I used to keep a running tally to see how many I’d hear in a day!). Inspired by a joke we saw by NRC Commissioner Kristine Svinicki, posted in today’s Environment & Energy Daily, we decided we’d launch a friendly Facebook contest to see who could tell the best joke.

Here are the contest’s terms:

image

To enter and/or vote on the submissions, please visit NEI’s Facebook page. While there, don’t forget to ‘like’ us.

We know there is a lot of great hidden talent out there (as proven in our haiku contest from April), so we are eager to see what people submit this time!

And, since I know you are waiting on the edge of your seat to hear Commissioner Svinicki’s joke, here’s the passage from the article that made us chuckle:

"A neutron walks into a bar, and the bartender says, 'What'll you have?'" the 45-year-old Nuclear Regulatory Commission member said, her small frame tucked behind a wooden lectern at a hotel in downtown Bethesda, Md. "The neutron says, 'I think I'll have a beer, but how much is it?' and the bartender answers, 'For you, no charge.'"

0 comments:

Post a Comment