Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 19 August 2007

Info Post
A recent article in the Washington Post discusses an NRC public meeting on new construction at Calvert Cliffs. It ends with the following backhanded endorsement:
Clyde Thomas, who works at the plant, said experience makes him feel confident
the area is safe.

"I wouldn't live in the blast zone if I didn't," he said.
The "blast zone" of a nuclear power plant? What's that? It seemed like a rather clumsy comment. But later I received an e-mail with this explanation from Mr. Thomas:
I still think I was set up!

I told the reporter I lived close to the plant and then he asked me if I didn't mind living in the "blast zone" and then I said "I wouldn't live in the blast zone if I did." I guess I shouldn't have repeated his "blast zone" comment...
Sometimes it's interesting how reporters choose their quotations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment