Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 7 September 2006

Info Post
U.S. Senator Pete Domenici (R-N.M.) issued the following statement through the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee yesterday afternoon:
“I have said repeatedly that I intend to introduce legislation this year aimed at fixing several problems I see with the Yucca Mountain project. I will introduce that bill later this month. Obviously, with less than a month before we recess, I don’t expect to pass the bill this year but I hope to get useful input from my Senate colleagues, the House and other interested parties.

"Yucca Mountain is a complicated issue that evokes strong, diverse opinions. That’s why I’m introducing a bill in the 109th Congress that I will seek to pass in the 110th Congress. I intend to create ample opportunity for constructive dialogue.”
Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment